on 2 December 2012
I know some fans don't like their favourite artists re-recording their work for compilation albums, but I do. I remember when Gordon Lightfoot released the two "Gord's Gold" albums, most of the tracks had been re-recorded and they were given wonderful new life. For me, it's the same here.

Kate Rusby has been quite brave in not only re-working these tunes, but also by bringing in artists she admires - and, for me, they all work! There isn't a bad track on the album. I even include Baa Baa Black Sheep in this statement - 27 seconds of little Daisy singing is fine by me. I also think we can now confirm that Kate is a pretty darn good songwriter. These are great songs, with Kate's voice is in great shape and all her fellow vocalists play their part in making the album such a success. However, I want to say how much I loved the instrumentation on this album - I love the use of the electric guitar, as on 'The Wild Goose' - inspired.

I was surprised by Paul Weller's rendition of 'Sun Grazers', which is fabulous; my other favourite is 'Who Will Sing Me Lullabies' with Richard Thompson - but it would be wrong to pick out just a couple for the twenty.

Wonderful.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details