on 17 November 2012
My 5 year old Hanspree LCD started playing up so I thought it was a good time to buy a new TV.
Prices are amazingly low compared with even a few years ago...but my proviso is always the same...get the best TV for the least outlay.
At first I was just going to replace the Hanspree with another LCD/LED, but after some research most reviews pointed toward Plasma being a better picture especially with anything above 40".
So with that in mind I looked at the big players and 3 kept popping up.
The LG 43", Samsung 43" and the Panasonic 42".
None had Smart or 3D....I did not want either.I just wanted the best picture for the money.
The Panasonic DID have Freeview HD, which I thought might be useful as I think gradually we will get more channels (there are 5 currently).That swayed it.
A word of caution for you people who think you have to have 1080p. None of the 3 Plasma`s I mentioned have it, you get 720p and 1080i.
I have seen plenty of 1080p TV`s but I still have not seen a better picture than my mates 6 year Pionner Plasma.....and that is only (?) 720p.
Go by what you see with your eye`s....not the tech numbers....
I personally just have left a standard setting....and when I watch say BBC HD....the TV automatically sets to 1080i.
The picture is superb.
SD Pictures are certainly much better than my previous LCD.
All for £340.......you can`t fault that !!!!
A quick for Amazon.UK....The first TV once taken out of the box was found to have a cracked screen.
After contacting Amazon they sent a replacement which arrived on the Saturday morning, just a day and a half after my phone call.The damaged one was picked up the following Monday.
As a side not I have put the matching Panasonic BluRay player(£59) to the TV and its a superb picture.
11 Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?