on 30 July 2009
I'd never have thought it possible to feel so many emotions during a documentary about changes in the environment.

Firstly, there was anger - anger that somehow this straight talking intelligent man didn't get elected as president, and George Dubyah did! Then came the shock. And it was shock. I consider myself a pretty well informed individual. I wasn't expecting to find out anything from this film that I didn't already know. How wrong I was. Personally I've never thought there was any doubt that we are damaging the environment, but if you're one of those folks who think that the global warming crisis is, or might be, a load of scare mongering, by a bunch of people who really don't have any facts, I challenge you to watch this movie. There are facts a plenty. And my god they're sobering.

That's when the despair kicked in. By about the one and a bit hour mark I'd more or less come to the conclusion that it's too late. The damage has been done. And the consequences are going to be catastrophic.

Thank god then for the last few minutes, and the hope that they brought. It's not too late. We can change turn things round. But it's going to take every single one of us to do so. And for my part, I'm starting with this review.
What's this?