4.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Triumph, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Braun Oral-B TriZone SmartSeries 5000 Five-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide (Packaging and Smart Guide Varies) (Personal Care)
I've had a top of the range Braun toothbrush for many years. My previous one lasted a long time but the battery was beginning to not last as long and the rubber back had worn off. This one was on offer so I thought I'd replace it (and it had more flashing lights!)

I looked into the difference with the TriZone and the one similar to my previous one, the Triumph. The only difference was the head. I thought I'd give the Trizone a go as it was new and heavily promoted, the heads could be swapped back to the round ones that I was used to if needed.

The toothbrush is excellent, better than the previous one. The different modes are nice, but I don't use them much. It's fast and stays fast for many days, unlike my previous one that was slowing down through the week. The display on the unit is clear and turns off after a few minutes, which is an improvement.

The Smart Guide gives loads of info, some people don't like it, but I think it's a nice touch. But, the toothbrush works very well without it and you don't have to take it with you when on holiday etc.

After a few months of use, I don't like the brush head as much as the round ones, it just doesn't clean as well. I've now swapped back to the FlossAction heads, which I much prefer. With the FlossAction head, the brush cleans amazingly well.

I do feel the toothbrush takes far too long to charge. It keeps it charge well and I only charge it once a week and it hasn't run out at that point. But, I leave it on charge all day, normally for at least 16 hours and it still hasn't fully charged. I think this is too long, if it charged in 12 hours or less I would give it 5 stars.

I think it's an excellent brush and if you haven't used one before, go for this. I've tried cheaper models and you get what you pay for. But, buy the one with the round heads!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]