on September 21, 2010
No huge improvements in gameplay over the original HAWX. If you liked it first time round then you will like this one. The addition of landings (this is Maverick requesting a fly-by!) takeoffs and air to air refuelling are a nice touch. I would have liked the option to choose which plane to fly in each mission as in the original, not sure why they took that out. Maybe as I get promoted I'll get that option. The addition of UCAVs in some of the missions is a nice touch and the blatant rip-off of the 'Spooky' gunship from Modern Warfare is a fun mission! The new style Arcade missions are good fun and will add some life to the game.

I never really got on with the online game as I kept getting shot down by children who must've gone to school at Top Gun! That's my problem though. I have the same problem with Call of Duty, I guess I can't compete with the younger generation. I'm sure it's great fun if you can get to grips with it.

All in all I'm happy with this game. I bought it because I enjoyed HAWX and wanted more. I got it. The criticisms of this series are fair but the game is what it is.

I FEEL THE NEED.... THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?