on 6 July 2006
I'm on chapter 3 of this book and I love it. Its easy to read due to authors language and prose, its all colour and very enjoyable.

I read other reviews on this book thoroughly (also on Amazon.com site) and this helped me decide this was the next book to go for.

One question I didn't wasn't sure about before buying the book was just how skilled in XHTML and CSS I had to be as this book is Intermediate/Advanced (as stated on the back cover). Well, I would recommend that you know the basics of CSS such as defining lists using < UL > etc. The author jumps straight in to solving niggly cross-browser problems and so won't explain how padding and margins work etc.

I would say its also good to experience some of these problems that web designers encounter such as text not resizing on IE when it does on Firefox, probelms creating scaleable site navigation menus and so on.

It is a cookbook. I found it handy to be typing some of the CSS into Dreamweaver just to see exactly what was going on. Athough I was a bit peeved at having to go and get the laptop at first, it did improve my overall understanding of the problem in the end.

In conclusion: This book tackles common issues in a logical manner and does indeed attempt to make them Bulletproof. Recommended for people like me who have been working with XHTML / CSS for a little while but need to tackle common problems properly.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.