on 27 October 2006
For all of this book to make sense I'd recommend you start with 'The Kiss of the Highlander', move on to 'The Dark Highlander' and then 'The Spell of the Highlander'. This book can stand on it's own but you will love the others so why not get them all at once and immerse yourself in the Highlander World.

Since discovering the series earlier in the year I've re-read them all a number of times. I just love this world that Ms Moning has revealed. Adam Black is the disgraced Fae Prince that only Gabby can see, and this book is about the journey they must make together to restore his full power (oh, and to save the world as we know it). Gabby has been told since childhood that to be discovered by the Fae would mean death so she is fighting her attraction to Adam. Well, most of the time... We all know they are meant to be together but, as always, you cannot completely predict the way in which it will happen.

I appreciated the inclusion of Drustan, Gwen (Kiss of the Highlander), Dageus and Chloe (The Dark Highlander). But what makes this special for me is that it alludes to the stories that are still to come. I for one can't wait for them.

One note: there is a prequel to this book where we meet Adam Black and his son Circenn. I liked it, but it wasn't great like the others I have mentioned; I think that author has developed her style for the better since it was written. But if you are like me and can't get enough of the series you might well want to take a look at 'The Highlanders Touch' to complete the picture.
0Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?