VINE VOICEon 17 May 2011
I normally play first person shooters and had never even considered a Lego game until my son had loaded an impressive Lego Star Wars game on his Nintendo DS. I was looking up how to solve a puzzle for him on an internet "walkthrough" and noticed the graphics were different on other platforms.

I bought him this game as an experiment and I was hugely impressed. The graphics are clear, bright, cheerful and detailed. The action is constant and amusing. The violence is cartoon style. Nobody gets hurt. The characters just break up into Lego pieces. Much of the scenery also breaks up. The sounds coming from the PC during play are very funny.

The cut scenes are comic masterpieces based on the films. The Lego characters talk in a sort of mumble and pull faces.

It appeals to any age that can play on a PC, young or old. I look forward to him asking me to help! Additionally, two players can co-operate on a split screen.

It's great value, too. We've been playing for hours and we are only about a third of the way through.

The only downside is that the keyboard controls are awkward, especially for two people. I bought a USB joypad and it transformed the gameplay. In fact, I quickly bought a second joypad, so myself or my son's friends could easily make use of the split screen and play together with him.

Of course, now I want the other Lego games on my PC...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details