on 31 October 2011
I don't normally write game reviews but my experience of this game over the past couple of days has compelled me to write this one, so here goes...

Having bought and played computer games (both console and PC) for over 30 years now I have to say this one has given me the most problems when it came to installation and the system it uses (i.e. Origin).

I own and play most of the released FPS games, especially CoD, Battlefield, MoH etc and am happy to use such systems as Steam. No issues with that.

But Origin is a total nightmare. It took me over three hours to get the game installed, activated and configured. I own a DVD copy of the game and never managed to actually install direct from the discs. Instead, after some forum searching on the net, I ended up copying the contents from both discs to a folder on my hard drive and installed from there!

To say I was extremely angry is a massive understatement. In fact I was so wound up that I literally got the game installed and configured then shut down my PC and went to cool off for a while. I was seething and I've never felt like that before just because of a computer game.

Origin is so intrusive. Why does it need to collect so much information on me and my PC? And how come we have no opt out option with regards allowing EA to pass on our info to third parties?? The fact that you HAVE to agree to all of this before you can play the game seems ludicrous.

And bear in mind you're not aware of any of this until you've removed the shrink wrap and started to install the software, by which point you've probably lost any chance of being able to return your game for refund.

I've only just started playing the game itself and at the moment all I can think of is, what is Origin doing in the background while I'm in the game? This somewhat spoils the experience.

Hopefully I can get into the game and enjoy it (from first impressions it does look good) but I will think twice now before I buy another Electronic Arts game that requires you install something like Origin.

EA... please get your act together and sort this out.
88 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.