1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Don't buy it,
This review is from: PURE Sensia, Digital Audio System with Wi-Fi and Colour Touchscreen - Yellow (Electronics)
Ok, it depends what you want from something right? You buy something and it doesn't fit your spec and you blame the product. Yes in some cases but no in this one. Why? Because it doesn't do anything well.
1. The sound is very muddy. Something that is this expensive should sound brilliant, not just ok.
2. The touchscreen is awfully unresponsive and if you want to type something as intricate as a password ie (upper/lower case and number combinations) then forget about it and just phone the dentist up for a tooth extraction as it will be less painful.
3. Using any network attached storage is pointless as the thing can't handle anything more than a few hundred songs to search through via its interface. I have thousands of songs. Don't have any dreams of having any of your songs in a library and playing them via nice interface. Again, phone the dentist and ask him to put you on hold just to mimic the time based frustration. A similar experience can be had by connecting to windows as with trying NAS, they are both really slow.
4. The apps are slow and badly coded. I use the picasa one to stream pictures from my picasa account to the sensia. This works, just. But when you turn the sensia off and then want to see the pictures again you quite often have to relogin again, password and all. Otherwise it just hangs. See point 2 re entering passwords.
5. The dab bit is ok but the machine is slow. My mobile runs faster than this and it doesn't have the luxury of a mains supply to help it along.
6. Ok, lets try and blame my wireless connection. Say it is slow. Why oh why did they not give you an ethernet connection?
7. Pure are absolutely NOT interested in any suggestions or decent fixes. So don't feel you will get anywhere with them. They are only interested in their failure of an idea to get you to buy tracks via their lounge interface.
8. It doesn't have an IPOD dock, you can plug one into the back but then it just looks like an embarassed cousin sat at the side and is streaming the music in via analogue to the sensia. The pure dock does come with a remote control, but again that is not very well built or responsive.
9. The sensia remote is tacky, at first you like its rounded nature but you start to feel it and it just feels tacky. Not to mention you can't actually do much from it. And you can't control the connected ipod from it.
2 stars overall for the aesthetics. But you may as well go buy a sports car with no engine if you want to stare at something attractive and pointless. It's a dab radio, it does some things but not very well... Don't say I didn't warn you. If you just want a pretty DAB/Internet radio, then go for it.