Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 26 January 1999
I've browsed through several "how to" books on JavaScript and found most of them full of detail. Wonderful, but for a relative "newbie", it can be overwhelming at times. This book makes the learning curve short and makes programming fun.
In the past, I tried to figure out how they did that - looking at the source code. I'd paste in some code and spend hours trying to figure out why it didn't work. I've been to many JavaScript sites and picked up scripts here and there, but I needed a single source to speak to me in plain English.
I bought this book mainly as a primer - assuming I'd have to buy one of those huge ones later. This one has surprised me in that it seems to cover more than I want to know, and it seems to make the learning process easy. At this point, I've tried most of the simple scripts and I'm getting into the more complicated ones. I'm still understanding what I'm doing, and that helps me get the results I'm looking for.
Well laid out and seems to have the reader in mind - Keeps true to the title of the book - good diagrams, and aimed at someone who wants to get STARTED in JavaScript. An excellent book!
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like this:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)