on 10 February 2012
Shatter me is a great book about a girl (Juliette) brought up from a rough background who has been isolated for what seems like forever. Her parents hated her and Juliette truly thought of herself as a monster. She was pretty much alone for the whole of her life. When a boy (Adam) her age gets locked up in her cell, everything changes.

Was it good? Yes,I really enjoyed Shatter Me and I found it really entertaining as it was quite different to most things I read. I felt it was boarding more on Si - Fi than it was Fantasy but I still loved it. It was very romantic but sometimes in the book I felt like all Juliette and Adam could do was make out. But on a whole it was a good book.

Would I buy the next book? probably, though I'm unsure it will give the same effect as the first one did.

What makes this book stand out? I'm not sure really, I loved the way that Tahereh Mafi wrote down what she was really thinking then crossed it out. I found that brilliant as it gave us a slot into what she was really thinking or wanted to say. Though I didn't really feel the effect she was trying to give on the reader when she kept repeating the same word three or four times.

Improvements? Well since it seemed more of a Si - fi book they could have at least expanded on the new gadgets in more discription, etc.

I would say this is a pretty good book, I would say it wasn't the best book I personally have ever read but I would definitely keep it to read again and I would probably reccommend it to friends.
What's this?