on January 9, 2007
I bought this book having looked at other dissertation guides and found them to be unsatisfactory for my degree subject (geology). This book came recommended by a friend and has proven to be invaluable and easy to read. The book guides you through your dissertation, from considering your aims, conducting the research, and then writing-up, which is useful when trying to plan the timetable for each stage. If you're doing a physical geography or other investigative science subject then get this book!

Edit: I got a 1st in my dissertation and a 1st in my degree; this book was instrumental in helping me achieve this and I truly believe my dissertation wouldn't have been scored so highly without it.
11 comment| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?