Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

on 29 April 2007
I bought this book in an airport in the states thinking that it would be an interesting book of popular history for my flights. After the sloppy & iritating prose and the inaccuracies that I spotted in the first couple of chapters I gave up. This is the first book I considered throwing away rather than simply "shelving" it.

The book was clearly being marketed heavily in the States, as it was in a prominent position in most bookshops I visited. It is the worst case of dumbing down, as opposed to popularising, a historical subject I've ever seen.

Don't bother.