on 15 August 2012
I cant fault the quality of the media this device records - its fantastic! You get the option to record in 'on-line' friendly mp4 or in higher quality mode for full HD TV. The mp4 mode is still _very_ good, and I find that most of the time I leave it in this mode. By doing so I have the option to upload the media straight to Facebook from the camera (following a f/w update).

For me there are 3 bad points about the camcorder:

1. The absolute rubbish battery they ship with the camera. You get 1 hour of recording only from this battery. OK, it is small and light - but come on! 1 Hour! This means you have to buy a bigger battery (maybe most people will do that anyway) - and they are very expensive and currently not that easy to buy. So add another £80 on to your budget.

2. I find it hard to use the zoom function when holding the camera. Maybe its just me, but I cant hold it steady and operate the zoom with one hand. I need to use my left hand to keep it steady and my right to operate the zoom. If the zoom were operable by my thumb, there would not be a problem - but you have to use your 1st finger and that causes a rotation of your hand.

3. Using the screen outside on a sunny day is very hard - you just cant see it. This is probably expected on all camcorders which dont have a real eyepiece (does anyone make these anymore?). However, the only way of taking photos is by touching a small 'button' on the screen itself - and of course you cant see the button. Once you learn where it is you can fumble around and eventually hit it - but give the camera to someone else to take a picture and they dont stand a chance.

Overall I am pleased with the camcorder and would recommend it, but it isnt as good as it could be (and the battery thing _really_ annoys me).
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?