VINE VOICEon 23 January 2008
I have a distant recollection that this album was a collection of tracks as chosen by the band. I don't know where I read this, but it explains the addition of a few of the tracks on this essential album. This is a chronological guide through what you could loosely call now the early years of Charlatans music, and opening tracks don't get much better than "The Only One I know", which takes you (if you are of a certain age) back into baggy trousers, floppy fringes and indie clubs in an instant. Through the less familiar tracks (to me at least), to the floor filler "Weirdo", the big tunes get bigger, and I love the inclusion of the fabulously titled "I Never Want An Easy Life If Me And He Were Ever To Get There."

For a Britpop fan as myself, this goes next to all the other greatest hits albums from Ash, Dodgy, Shed 7, Space, and all the others that got left behind by Oasis and Blur.
5 people found this helpful