on 22 April 2014
Not a big fan of 'self-help' books, I politely accepted this book after a friend recommended it to me a five years ago. I'd been complaining that I felt in a bit of a rut and wasn't living up to my full potential (or some other type of typical complaining!). She said I should read this book so I did.

The book, although cheesy in many ways, somehow set in motion a series of events that led to my setting up my own Virtual Assistant business within a WEEK of reading it. By being aware and recognising signs and opportunities, good things came my way and, I not only used the book to inspire me to live my dreams, but then as a practical advice manual on how to get there once I'd decided what I wanted.

I now recommend this book to everyone I meet and to anyone stuck in a rut and wanting better for themselves. I dip into it quite often and use it as a kind of reminder to stay on track. The book is like a friend giving me a pep talk without me having to hassle my actual friends!

I also lend this to a business-owner friend of mine who had a retail shop and who was telling me she was stagnating and wasn't on the path she thought she'd be. I lent her the book and she actually had put in motion steps to expand and open another shop within a MONTH of reading it. Not bad I'd say.

I'm reminded of some of the tips often and use them in my day to life and how I approach life. My favourite one is: "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got". (or something like that!). I highly recommend this book and am certain I wouldn't have set up my business if I hadn't have read it.
What's this?