Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 11 January 2014
I was looking for a cheap LED desktop lamp and was surprised to find very few worthy contenders on amazon. It was basically this or a long thin strip 1 which didn't appeal to me at all looking like it wouldn't be very bright. So I brought this 1 instead even though it wasn't quite what I was hoping cheap would end up being.

I'm sitting at my desk typing away at this review while basked in a bright white glow of light from the lamp. It's exactly what I hoped for, a natural white light that shines to all the corners of my desk. I'm a night owl gamer who rarely opens the curtains and has no need for the whole room to be lit up when all I need is my desk visible to grab a drink when not killing zombies or saving the world. The dome disk cover placed over the LED's gives just enough shrouding to dull the brightness where it doesn't blind me to much if I look up at it. Compared to the spotlights I have in my room as the main source of lighting the LED's produce significantly less heat and are just warm to the touch.

Something I didn't expect but rather like was the lead providing power to the lamp doesn't connect directly into the lamp. Instead the lamp has about 4-5 inches of lead coming out of it with a small socket on the end, about the same size as a stereo jack with a female socket. The plug is connected to another lead with the male connector and connects into the female end connected to the lamp making it a lot easier to deal with plugging it in when the gap at the back of the desk is very narrow. Thus instead of a plug you just need enough space to fit the finger sized in-line on/off switch.

I'm now thinking I may never need to open the curtains again and rarely if ever use my spot lights now I have this lamp.
16 people found this helpful