VINE VOICEon 30 April 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I suspect that the audience for this CD is small, but dedicated. This is a classic album of 70s and 80s BBC sci-fi sound effects, remastered for the 21st Century with original notes and artwork. The CD itself is primed for maximum nostalgia, with a print that mimics the look of the vinyl on one side. The notes and artwork are replicated from the original, but due to the shift in size from vinyl to CD they are squashed and hard to read in the original format. Thankfully the text is printed in a larger and more readable font inside the booklet.

The quality of the remastering is high. I can't imagine sitting and listening to this CD all the way though. Despite being a big fan of Doctor Who (in 1980) and Blake's 7 (in general), I didn't enjoy the Proustian rush that I'd hoped for. On the other hand, I have added the 'Cloister bell in the TARDIS' sound effect to my phone, which will give me years of pleasure when someone texts me. I'd describe this CD as for fans of the series featured, or sound effects of the late80s/early 80s. It's a high quality product with a specialised market, but there's nothing wrong with that.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?