on 1 July 2012
From opening the box you can tell these will be a decent pair of headphones, packaged very well and elegantly. Included in the box are all the wires needed, manual, and a large Turtle Beach sticker.

The cable: Very long but with a nice little Velcro strap so you can 'fold' up some of the cable and hold it with the Velcro, so you can essentially adjust the length of the cable. At the end the cable splits into 3, a 3.5mm audio jack, 3.5mm microphone jack and a USB cable. The USB cable needs to be plugged in to power the headphones, however they can work without USB but on a VERY low volume.

The volume adjuster device: This is part of the wire near the headphones. There are 3 dials, Game volume, chat volume and Bass Boost. With 1 switch that mutes Mic ON or OFF. The Bass Boost is really good and adjusts the bass well, and having a game/chat volume is fantastic too.

Compatibility: Despite it being an Xbox 360 headphones, I actually use it only for me laptop and my PS3/TV. For my laptop its as easy as plug-and-play, no installation needed or anything.. For my TV I plug it into the USB port of the TV and the audio port, again works absolutely fine.. You can get the headphones and microphone working on the PS3, it needs some setting up and you'll need to buy a USB sound card (about £1.99 on Amazon). This tutorial video helped me get it working on PS3 really well: [...].

The company itself (Turtle Beach): I have to say that its customer care is great.. Before I bought them I was able to go to their website, open a live chat box with one of their operators and they answered all my questions very informatively and well.. This really gave me confidence in buying them, which I did!

Sound quality: Again I can't put a bad word against this, its stunning.. For games it really adds to the realism with explosions, weapons firing, fans cheering, F1 cars engines.. The bass really adds to it, you really get to hear and feel the BOOM! I also use them a lot for listening to music as well, again they really bring out all the sounds of the song with a really nice bass.. Remember you can always adjust the bass if you want!

Microphone quality: I use the microphone mainly on skype, teamspeak and online radio broadcasting. Done several comparison tests with other headphones and these really shine, clear and crisp sound with Turtle Beach always wins! Also, it has a nice function where you can hear yourself, so theres a slight echo within the headset.. Not sure what its actually for, but its there! So if you're not using the microphone I suggest muting it (and adjusting it upwards along with the frame to get it out the way)

Overall these are a great pair of headphones, I think the best thing about them is the compatibility of its connection and sound.. I use it on my PC, Laptop, TV, and PS3 for everything from gaming, Skype, music and radio broadcasting.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?