Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but personally a bit disappointing for me..., 2 May 2012
This review is from: Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12) (Hardcover)
I have become engrossed in this series of books a have read the 11 previous books in the last 3 weeks conveniently timed for the release of the 12th book, which after the conclusion of the 11th book I was excitedly, eagerly awaiting.

I read this in around 6 hours all told, so it certainly kept me turning the page, and while part of that was due to the good storytelling, part of it was also because I wanted to get to the part of the story which I was waiting to progress, namely Sookie & Eric's relationship, but I have to admit that though he is mentioned earlier Eric does not make his first apperance in the book until approx 67 pages in to the book, which I found a bit disappointing.

Call me an old romantic but I've been wanting and wishing for a happy ending for Sookie & Eric and I was hoping that their relationship would be explored a lot in this book, but it's not. I hate to say it but there is lot more character background, description and (I'm sorry) waffling then there is mention of their relationship and although I know that is only one part/element of the story, that is the part that I personally wanted to know more about, be revealed, concluded, but once again this part of the story is left hanging in the balance to be revealed/concluded in the next book (which I have to wait a year for! :-( )

A few other storylines are finalised in this book, which did make up for my disappointment in other areas a bit, but there was also a lot of what I considered filler, things that could have been left out and not made a difference to the story.

I did enjoy this book, and it certainly left me wanting for the next book (if only to find out how Sookie & Eric's relationship actually turns out!) but if I'm honest it wasn't my favourite and it was a bit disappointing compared to others in the series.

[Add comment]