VINE VOICEon 13 October 2008
I was going to try to write a fair and balanced review, free from hyperbole and gushing praise for this film. The problem is I love this film. A lot. I'm wearing my Dude t-shirt as I write. So I'll dispense with any attempt to create a critical and objective response.

How to describe The Big Lebowski? Well, it's a comedy mixed with a Marlowe-esque detective story. One seen through a fug of weed smoke and set to a soundtrack of Creedence Clearwater Revival. The main character, an ageing hippy, called Jeff Lebowski who goes by the name of The Dude doesn't want much in life; smoke some weed, listen to some Creedence and bowl some, has his life take an unexpected and complicated turn when a Chinaman pees on his rug.

I can't begin to cover everything this film has and I've re-written this review to try and do it justice. I can't do that either. It's just a wonderful mix of great characters, everyone gives a star turn, Jeff Bridges in particular (though John Turtorro as 'the Jesus' in a purple jumpsuit will stick with me forever).

Still my favourite film after ten years, it makes me grin like a fool when I think of it even now. "That rug, man, it really tied the room together." :)
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details