30 May 2010
Although the book is about a Gay Serial Killer and has a lot of Gay content, if you are not Gay do not be discouraed by this.. It is a brutally honest account written as if the writer is the killer and is scarily convincing., You are drawn into his world and feel as if you are walking every step of the way with him. One section of the book was incredibly emotional I could feel the gutwrenching pain and helplessness, this part of the book really stays with me. It ends in a way that just screams SEQUEL!! and I hope there will be on and I look forward to reading it. The book is a great read whether you are gay or not. My mother has also read the book, she is 80! and as she said although it was a world totally alien to her it was a really interesting eye opener, interesting and sometimes unusual use of language, the way it was written as the main character was totally believable, and she really enjoyed the book . Just one point, it was in hardback, I was travelling at the time and in hardback meant quite a lot of additional weight to carry in these days of tight restrictions so maybe also a paperback version would be a good idea!! Take the time to read it!! you will be hooked!!
2 people found this helpful