on 11 May 2005
This really is a fantastic album. I have to admit this music is not normally my style; I am usually listening to something along the lines of Slayer, Lamb of God or The Haunted, however, this album is a breath of fresh air.
As most people (I guess), I originally discovered the band after reading an article on them because I had noticed how photogenic the singer Cristina is. They didn't appear my cup of tea, but I still downloaded a couple of songs to try them out. I then bought this album, and I must say I was very impressed. Andrea (male vocalist) is a very talented singer and shouter, Cristina's voice is perfect throught out, and the combination of keyboards and bass set up the perfect atmosphere for crushing riffs to come in (such as the ones on 'Swamped' and 'Tightrope').
There really isn't a weak song on 'Comalies', and I strongly recommend that any rock fan should purchase it, as it really is magnificent.
Overall, an easy 9/10. Great work.
What's this?