on 7 March 2002
Well, what can I say? I've been a fan of A ever since they supported the offspring in early 2001. I knew there was something big waiting to happen and I went out and bought both studio recorded albums they had out at the time (the vicious 'How ace are buildings' and slightly more mellowed 'Monkey Kong'). I listened to them none stop for weeks on end until my ear lobes turned blue and profainly sore.
I've been waiting months for the latest edition of the A library to hit the shelves and when 'Nothing' landed at my local shop it landed hard and fast. I bought both CDs, just for the B sides (one of which is included on the new album).
Soon I went to Nottingham Rock City and saw the mighty A live, there was no doubt Hi-Fi Serious was gonna rock, and it did. When I got my copy and stuck it in my compact disc player I was stunned, from the thrashing riffs of 'Nothing', through to the dark lyrics of 'Going Down' and ending on the punk-tastic, album titled track 'Hi-Fi Serious' I was lost for words. I've been playing it none stop since Monday and I can't get bored with it.
I can't describe the way they do it, they're different from anything else out there, they mix so many genres into one classic blend of harmonious, melodic and fierce rock music.
The mighty, mighty A. I salute you.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?