on 10 September 2013
This book was suggested to me by someone on a homesteading forum when a thread came up about what to do in the Spring when you have "too many" eggs.

Sadly it is out of print, but after the lady posting said she and her husband use it more than any other cookbook during the egg season, a bunch of us found sources connected to Amazon that would sell it (allowing us to order via Amazon). I found one book seller who would reasonably ship to Ireland, and the book was inexpensive enough I gave it a try.

I am very, very glad I did; I am an experienced cook and had chickens off and on for years but I had not heard for half of these recipes, even the ones I don't like I'm sure other people will (I just don't like hard boiled eggs, but my husband does).

Written by an American women of Italian heritage married to a master Chinese Chef, the book has a lot of interesting international flavors without going over-board into the weird and strange. Most of the dishes draw on the folk traditions of either Europe or Asia, some simplified for an American 70's kitchen and others so simple they don't need any adjustment.

All in all the perfect extra egg book and it there is something in here if your cooking for a family of two or a family of fourteen!

I do hope this book goes back into print, in fact I think it would make a perfect Kindle book - It is better to have the hard copy but the information needs to be out there. And I think this old 70's cookbook would fit the Kindle system perfectly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink