on 6 May 2013
A game like Tennis only really caters to a niche group of people, granted it is more arcade style which makes it more accessible. I won't lie I've only had it for 2 days and played for just a few hours, however my initial "wow this is good!" impressions soon turned to yawns and frustration. The frustration comes from the difficulty, EASY is too easy, up it to normal and most games are pretty easy still but some are ridiculously hard, and it seems to be that your opponent always moves where you are going to hit it before you actually hit it. This I do not think is through learning my play style or anything its simply that the AI is being given input from where I'm aiming. The difficulty spikes too much. I ran through the Arcade mode without getting beat then it took me 6 tried to beat my last opponent and I gave up on the exhibition match at the end because it was making me want to smash my Vita. I'm no pro tennis player but I used to be damn good at Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast.

Another gripe of mine is the back of the case says "New Vintage Tennis Mode" BUT little bit of advice SEGA DON'T MARKET MODES ON THE GAME CASE THAT YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK IN THE GAME! Whats worse is you are not given any explanation of HOW TO UNLOCK IT! What are we supposed to do? play every single portion of the game for hours in the hope that we will randomly unlock it?? I still don't know how to unlock it and can't find out from Google.

It isn't a bad game but it has problems.. For under £10 its worth it, but if I paid full price I wouldn't be happy at all.

The main positive thing to say is that it can be fun for a time.
2 people found this helpful