on 21 April 2011
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am an absolutely avid Sherlock Holmes fan and I am not a complete purist in terms of how it should be adapted, that said every story that I have read that wasn't written by Sir Author Conan Doyle has failed to impress me, I have always found the stories to be trying far too hard to be like the originals without capturing Holmes' inner essence. That said when I saw that Benedict Cumberbatch was reading this story I thought I would give it ago. I absolutely loved his interpretation of a modern day Holmes and it is with that back drop that I am reviewing this audio book, a format in which I am considered a complete novice, in fact this is my first ever reading of a novel in this format.

Benedict Cumberbatch's reading voice is absolutely fantastic, really brought it to life for me, if I were reviewing on that alone I would happily give it five stars. Unfortunately I am not. To be honest the stories that accompany this aren't great, they aren't awful, just not great. I wanted to like them more, I really did but I guess they do suffer with being a touch too short for my liking. I would suggest though that they are a great way to waste an hour or so.
What's this?