on 11 June 2014
I decided to add a review here as there are not many reviews for the Hybrid version of this case.

The hybrid version seems slimmer than the other cases. It has a hard plastic back and rubberised inner lining and edges. The rubber edges blend into the plastic back and the effect is a slim, form fitting case.

There is a slight raised edge to the plastic back that means the phone only touches the desk around the edges when laid flat. Similarly, when laid flat face down there is a slight lip around the edge which means the phone's screen is raised and protected from scratches.

There are rubber flaps over the earphone jack and the USB port. These flaps sort of insert into the port so they seal it off. This should help to keep dust out. I suppose, if you wanted, these could be easily cut off if you found them annoying. They can make inserting earphones and the USB lead a little trickier than without. The other cut outs for the camera, flash, mic, speaker, etc. all line up correctly.

The power button and volume rocker are covered with little rubber switches that allow you to use the controls easily enough.

The case does add a noticeable amount of weight to the phone, but doesn't add a lot of bulk. I'd recommend this case for someone looking to protect their phone while not adding too much bulk. I'm sure this case does not offer the same protection than the bulkier versions, but for me it is a good compromise.

(note: the version I received had a number of small scratches on the back. I'm not sure if I was just unlucky or if these are a batch of seconds. The relatively cheap price meant I was not overly concerned by this and I'm sure I'll add my own scratches in time.)
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.