on 4 July 2011
I was actually looking for Autoglym High Definition Wax at my local car place, however that was the ONLY Autoglym product that they didn't seem to have in stock. So after reading the wild claims on the other dozen different kinds of wax and polish I settled on one from a company I had at least heard of.

So glad I did. Turtlewax Ice is so easy to apply it had me thinking I was doing something wrong for a while. You only need to apply a tiny amount to the applicator and this will spread thinly over an entire panel (as well as throughout the sponge and all over your hands - you might wish to use gloves). The polish can be used on paintwork, plastic, rubber etc, so you can use it to apply a protective coat to virtually every surface on your car - just not the windscreen. Once this polish is applied and buffed off with the supplied cloth, dirt, dust, insects, and bits of plant material just blow right off the car. Water beads nicely and runs off in any direction it can.

The lustrous finish this product brings out is tremendous. I have a dark blue metallic paint and it is now incredibly shiny yet at the same time it looks like a deep dark well. I noticed condensation on the roof of the car in the late evening but this did not reveal buffing strokes.

It is worth mentioning just how economical this product is. After I finished my entire car the bottle didn't really look as if it had any less polish in it. You really do use a ridiculously tiny amount. I suspect the applicator sponge will fall apart long before I run out of polish.
What's this?