on 5 January 2009
I bought this new version of "Waiting for the Sun" to get a studio-version of the legendary unreleased song "Celebration of the Lizard". Obviously the strongest part of the song is, what was released on the original album as "Not to Touch the Earth", and the track is what it says, "a work in progress". Still interesting moments. The other takes of "Not to Touch the Earth" which are included as bonus-tracks have made me realize how good a song this really is.

What surprised me the most when I listened through the album was that I thought it sounded different. Was it really that long since I last heard it? I did not realize that the album had been both remastered and remixed. I guess it will take some time to get used to these new "versions" - but the sound is really crisp and clear, and if I want to hear the old mixes I can always return to the originals.

The original album contains some the Doors' most poetic and melodic moments like "Yes, The River Knows", the exquisite "Love Street" , which is one of the highlights of the album. The moving "Summer`s Almost Gone". "Wintertime Love" and "Spanish Caravan" are other highlights.

"Not to Touch the Earth" and "Five to One" : Classic Doors !!!
The hit singles "Hello I Love You" and "The Unknown Soldier" may not have aged as well as the rest of the album`s songs. Except of course the weak "My Wild Love" which probably always will annoy me.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details