6 of 9 people found the following review helpful
Better for larger businesses than small?,
This review is from: Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions (Paperback)
Compared to the Eisenberg book, this book has a more more strategic approach and style more suitable for larger businesses creating a test and measurement strategy rather than smaller businesses.
* Strong on issues to consider when planning test test, e.g. how to guard against issues of SEO or decreased conversion.
* Part III has clear approach to assembling a team, getting buy-in and developing a testing plan.
* Also considers persona-based and behavioural issues of different segments with good critique on p62
On the downside, compared to the Eisenberg book:
* Less accessible overall - harder work although as with any book this may be rewarded.
* Fewer implementation details although there is a section on Google Website Optimizer
Review by Dr. Dave Chaffey. Author of:
* eMarketing eXcellence: Planning and Optimising Your Digital Marketing (Emarketing Essentials)
* Internet Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice
* Total E-mail Marketing: Maximizing your results from integrated e-marketing: Maximizing Your Results from Integrated E-marketing (Emarketing Essentials)