4.0 out of 5 stars time will tell, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Fat Burn Revolution: Boost Your Metabolism and Burn Fat Fast (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as I was looking for an accessible program to follow for my exercise regime. I like how this book focuses on using exercise as the primary way to boost one's metabolism. As I've gotten older, I feel my metabolism is slowing down, and I wanted the know-how to rev it back up. I had a general awareness that muscle training was the way to go, but this book provides a steady, increasingly intense plan over a 12 week period that I can follow. Now, I am exercising consciously - and not the old hit and miss way. I've only had this book for one week, so time will tell on results. I am a gym member, and incorporate my pump class into the program. Eventually, I will move to the free weights. I prefer to go to the gym for the variety of equipment they have. Also, hopefully, one will be upping weights every so often, so in the long run, it probably costs the same as buying weights for home. Plus, I don't have all the extra clutter. To each her own! The book is flexible like that though. You don't NEED to be Gym member.

UPDATE:

I've been at it pretty religiously for 2 weeks now. Either my kind of fat is particularly stubborn, or some of the reviews on here are bogus. I have noticed an improvement in my cardio conditioning without a doubt. I can now do a good solid set of burpees in proper form, and much better knee press ups. However, as far as my fat loss is concerned I see or feel no difference. My trouser waist is the same as it has been. In fact, I cannot say much fat has been shredded anywhere.

When I read the reviews saying they've lost 6 pounds in the first 2 weeks, I'm really skeptical.

I am already looking at other muscle work programmes or I might just jump ahead to phase 2 that does have more muscle work. My only issue with phase 2 is that it doesn't seem to incorporate compound exercises which is most effective for total body strengthening, and therefore fat loss effectiveness.

I'll update again after 2 weeks.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Apr 2014 17:47:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Apr 2014 17:53:32 BDT
Bella says:
I don't think 2 weeks is long enough to see results in your fat levels but as you've seen you're starting to see improvements in your fitness. Did you do weight and measurements? Have you done your before photos - not all victories are on the scales. Keep at it keep pushing and don't forget to change your eating habits. Remember your waistline didn't increase in just 2 weeks so it won't decrease that quickly neither.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2014 12:53:52 BDT
Stephen Hyne says:
AMK 2 weeks is not long enough for everyone to see results, it was 4 -5 weeks before I started to see results and my wife was 8 -9 weeks. We are all different and starting from different levels. Give the programme time and you will see results.

As for your comment about "bogus" results I can assure you that you are wrong !

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2014 13:05:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2014 13:07:02 BDT
Abuyer says:
Hi Bella and Stephen, thanks for your comments. It's good to get feedback and reflect on one's experiences. For some people 2 weeks is plenty of time, and I feel - personally - that if my body doesn't speak to me then I'm not asking it correctly. I did change the program.. and started doing a 1/2 hour HIIT class two weeks ago (once a week), plus cardio in the form of swimming 4 days a week (1 hour max) and one day a week of negative accentuated training (30 minutes). It's a more efficient program and intense, and I can definitely tell the difference at last. In fact, just today my body felt lighter. I haven't significantly changed my diet - maybe eating a little less but nothing to write home about. I never had a bad diet anyway. I'm very curious now (and motivated!) to carry on and see where my new program can achieve. Thanks for your feedback again!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2014 13:22:46 BDT
Abuyer says:
PS. I think if someone is waiting nearly 2 months of making fat loss effort before seeing results, there's something else going on...at least that's what I believe. Since that was happening to me, I went to a kinesiologist to try to understand what my body required so that I could shed fat. Anyway, she gave me supplements that help my digestion and recommended Vit. B complex and ACV + a herbal supplements. Somehow all these items have really helped the blood sugar spikes I would get during the day and it has gone a long way to me lessening my sugar intake. My energy levels are more even and my food intake has naturally lessened (I haven't had to battle against sugar cravings lately). It's the sugar that has therefore disappeared from my menu.

Posted on 1 Jun 2014 15:41:05 BDT
The way that this programme works means that to see big results in two weeks isn't going to happen - you need to build muscle to increase your metabolic rate and THEN the fat disappears. I have completed a full 12 week cycle and lost over 1.5 stones, I lost nearly a metre around my body, but nothing really began to happen until about 4 weeks in. The stronger I got, the more muscle I built, the quicker the fat dropped (and it is fat - I've dropped 3 dress sizes and my body fat percentage plummeted.) Different things work for different people, but most of the people who've committed to sticking to this for 12 weeks have seen incredible changes - the before and after photos posted by dozens of people don't lie!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›