on 18 December 2012
I decided to give this Mist a go after reading some mixed reviews, and to be honest, I'm really happy with it and will be buying it again. I'm a total car crash when it comes to fake tanning - I always end up patchy, wrong colour, if its bad, you name it I've done it. I usually use L'Oreal mist tan as I found it easiest to use and most even, but it can be a bit "orangey" and quite expensive at about £10 a can and only 2-3 applications.
I've read here that some people find it blotchy / patchy when its on, and I think this is mostly down to user error. I shaved, exfoliated and moisturised before spraying this onto my legs. Yes, it does come out of the can in a mix of mist and "spattering" and it can be a bit runny, but if you use a mitt (as they suggest on the can), the product is really easy to work with - simple to blend and dries in quickly. As the formula is coloured, it is easy to see parts that you have missed.
This product is a definite brown tone instead of the usual orange one you get. The main test for me was my Fiance who hates me wearing fake tan with a passion. He usually has some sort of comment about it being patchy /orange, but when I came in wearing St. Moritz, he didn't utter a word about it. So in the sense of colour and evenness, it passed with flying colours.
Yes, in the morning my legs were a bit dry, as usual, but once I moisturised, the look was as new - again as the manufacturer advises you do.
Just follow the instructions and general tanning rules and you shouldn't have any problems.
What's this?