on 31 March 2014
I ordered this book as it looked like the best one regarding the 5:2 diet. The diet was recommended to me by a friend who told me that there were lots of rules attached such as; you have to leave 12 hours between breakfast and dinner, no ready meals or soups etc. I thought I had better buy a book so that I knew what I was doing!
I was surprised to find how easy and straightforward this diet was. There are no rules in this book besides sticking to 500 cals or under if you are female and 600 if you are male and not to go over 2000 calories on the feasting days for a woman and 2500 for a man.
Kate explains that you need to find the approach best for you so if you want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and keep under 500 cals then, fine. If you want to skip breakfast and have lunch and dinner then that is also fine. She also explained how some people like to just have a big breakfast and some prefer to wait until dinner time. Basically, you do whatever is best for you.
I prefer to have fruit or yogurt for lunch then wait for dinner.
In my first week I lost 6lbs! I have been eating healthily and exercising for over a month and only lost 4.5lbs in that time so 6lbs in one week is excellent!
I am now on week two and finding this easy to stick to.
The book is easy to follow, informative and very down to earth with no faddy rules to follow. I would definitely recommend.
11 Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?