on 25 March 2011
This book is likely very useful for those who have been officially diagnosed with a serious anxiety disorder. However, having bought it to combat general anxiety, I found it far too intense for my needs. Reading it actually made me feel more anxious at times, and the testimonials - while useful, I'm sure - seemed to come from people with very deep problems.
The description made me curious as to whether or not my feelings fell under the umbrella of a disorder, and while the book helped me identify this, it was at a different level.
If you're looking for a book on combatting anxiety, rather than overcoming a disorder, I would look to books about stress first before picking up this title.
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?