on 25 July 2002
I still can't beleive how good this album is. After 13 consecutive months in my stereo, I am awestruck at how effortlessly compelling it remains. I simply can't think of a good reason to take it out of my stereo.
I never thought I would like such a cheesy (sometimes), lighthearted (sometimes) and fun POP album so much. For some reason UK record labels seem to think that pop is just a term for manufactured rubbish churned out by pubescent boybands with no apparent musical talent, and the only music forms that should use live instruments and authentic sounds is rock. But this is pop as it should be, inventive, interesting, individual, relaxing, different, authentic, and just plain good.
I don't know why the comparisons with "Clandestino" are so unfavourable, I guess its just an example of whichever you buy first you like most. But for me, "Proxima" wins every time. It's awesome. Take note UK record labels, and give Manu the exposure he deserves!!
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?