on 5 May 2011
I enjoyed this book and am regularly flicking through it for inspiration for making my own stuff.

The book has a concise introductory chapter stating and arguing the main points for not buying ready-made toiletries and cosmetics and making your own instead. Even thought there are other very interesting books and websites I've read for more in-depth information of what goes on the the world of manufactured cosmetics, I think this introductory chapter in this book is very well written and dense in essential information that will make quite an impression on the reader who reads about these things for the first time.

The recipes section abounds in ideas about what and how to make as own toiletries. It is in fact so simple and cheap to make my own, just mix together a few natural ingredients and voila hand-made toiletries better and healthier than any shiny supermarket brand has even been! I usually just loosely follow the recipes suggested, as I replace ingredients with what I've got available and what I fancy at that moment. It's so easy!
What's this?