on 8 February 2011
I wish I'd checked a few online reviews before I bought this - I can see that I'm not the only one who is unhappy with the iPod Classic.

I already have an iPod Touch 64gb and I'm perfectly happy with the sound quality on that but my music collection has grown way beyond the storage capacity and I assumed that the 160gb Classic would be identical in terms of music output.

Having just received the Classic this morning (direct from Apple, not an Amazon purchase) I synced a few tracks and tried it out and I was immediately disappointed. For a start, the volume is MUCH lower than the iPod Touch and I simply could not get any decent power out of it, even through a pair of £200 Sennheiser headphones (and that was with max volume, removing the limit from the setup menu). Even worse was the sound quality which simply does not compare to the iPod Touch or any other music player I could mention - it has a noticably 'tinny' sound with poor frequency response that makes everything sound awful.

Checking online, I can see others feel the same as I do - and I just phoned Apple's return line and, thankfully, I can return it for a refund. When I told them why I was returning it, the guy on the phone didn't exactly sound very surprised.

Disappointing though and - as it stands at the moment - I have no way of storing my entire iTunes library. I really expected better.
44 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.