on 13 March 2014
I've recently discovered Sensing Murder and have been avidly watching the episodes on Youtube. I've been really impressed with the psychics, especially Kelvin, so decided to get his book (didn't realise he'd written several).
First of all, it's badly written. It's ghost-written by the looks of it (credit to female author at front of book), and reads like a transcription from recorded speech. Book has gone back to the library now and I can't remember any more detail than that but I know I was thinking it was badly written as I was reading it.
The other thing that jumps out at me from the book is that it seems to be - courtesy of Kelvin - one long glorification of going out and killing animals and fish for sport.
Kelvin keeps emphasising his love of 'hunting and fishing', backed up with lots of pictures.
Doesn't really mesh with the paragraph at the end of Chapter 2, where he states that animals are really sensitive and full of 'unconditional love'.
Why do you love going out and killing them then Kelv?!
This unfortunately does somewhat dent his credibility for me and makes me wonder how sincere a lot of what he says/does is.
The aforementioned chapter certainly does seem to be a bit of lip service given the huntin' and fishin' lust..
Finally, I tend to find that phrases such as 'walking in light' come across as a bit meaningless and corny.
Kelvin talks about God a few times, and Jesus, and about what 'good guys' they are and how much he rates them. I did wonder, when reading those bits, whether this was just a device to raise his own credibility with the many Christians who might think psychic stuff is 'the work of the Devil'.
Overall, all these things make this book a '2 star' for me.
By the way, I fully believe in psychic phenomenon and have experienced several incidences of them myself, so I'm not a hardened sceptic and doing the book or Kelvin down for that reason. I really would like for it to be the case that Kelvin and all his psychic happenings are genuine, but now (having done some net research and listening too) I'm just not sure..
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details