on November 25, 2011
I was sceptical of buying this. Most lord of the rings games have never lived up to expectation, and when I saw that this was 14th in the game chart on it's release, I feared it would be another one of those poorly made games. I was pleasantly surprised.. RPG Based, picking up new items, gearing your character with strong armour, a leveling system which can improve strength, health, dexterity etc.

Pros :
- Decent visuals, I like the fact it's been made more gorey unlike the film and previous games, where it's been toned down for the younger public.
- Easy controls, I was worried on the PC it'd be a little fiddly to use, but it's very straight forward and simple.
- Nice combinations in your attacks, a leveling system where you can upgrade skills, weapons, armour.

Cons :
- No create a character mode, You have to choose from 3 pre-made characters which is a little disappointing.
- Though it has an intriguing multiplayer system, where you can play with 2 others on your file.. I tried on numerous occasions to find a game, and it failed all the time. I'm not sure whether servers are down, or just because nobody has bought this. But it was a little disappointing.

All in all though, I think it's a solid hack n slash/ Rpg combination. I'd reccomend this to Hack n Slashers, or general lord of the rings fans. Places like prancing pony and Rivendell are captured extremely well. A great sigh.
0Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?