on 27 June 2012
Amanda Hocking can write an excellent, well executed and engaging story... or so I thought. This instalment of the Hollows series however seeds some doubt in my mind.

I was so full of eagerness, joy and trepidation for this book. I loved all of her books up until now but somehow she has lost her... her... spark. It's hard to put your finger on why this is such a flat read... why it doesn't get you shouting out with joy, horror or excitement. I have no idea what changed, whether the publishers have messed with it somehow or whether Hocking has out-grown this genre. She didn't need to write the next part of Remy's story, the first book "Hollowlands" was brilliant as a stand-alone story. However, this felt rushed. It felt too polished as well... and, well, too similar to the supernatural / apocalyptic dramas out there causing a white noise of half hearted attempts, inconsistency and poop.

This left me feeling disheartened. I read it in the space of 5 hours and well... I wish I didn't.

I know not everyone will share these views, but I can't shake the sinking feeling I have at the pit of my stomach.
What's this?