on 10 May 2012
I purchased this CD with a LOT of scepticism. I have suffered terribly with anxiety/panic disorders for years, I have been through several different kinds of therapy but nothing works for me. As a last resort, I got a copy of this CD to try. Anyone who suffers with anxiety disorders will agree that the whole negative thought process and the inability to relax are the main problems. Anyway, I've had this CD sitting in my kitchen for months but after a particularly bad day yesterday, I thought I'd listen to it.

The first half is a kind of lecture about the effects stress and anxiety have on the body and what the symptoms are which is very helpful. The second half is the actual relaxation exercise. Dr Hilary is not someone I would usually watch on tv, I find him far too sickly sweet to watch. Surprisingly, he has a very calm voice and is really easy to listen to. I found that I started to relax quite quickly, the trick to this is as other reviewers have said - you have to 'give' yourself to the suggestions. I can imagine that if you listen to this every day it will do exactly what it says and reduce anxiety levels quite significantly. I have listened to the first part again this morning as it contains a quick meditation exercise which is VERY useful. I will DEFINITELY be listening to this CD at least once a day.

I do feel far less anxious today and I have put this CD on my ipod to carry around with me. For the price, you really can't go wrong. Its got to be worth a try, right?!
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?