on 24 March 2009
I was new to the Beautiful Girls before buying this; I recently discovered a couple of songs on Last FM, so I decided to buy this. I am really impressed. They're a little bit like Xavier Rudd in some of the songs.
This album has got a few brilliant songs, one very beautiful song and the rest are good.
The song "In Love" for me is amazing, I love it. The Beautiful Girls are pumped full of energy and they know how to write exceptional songs. There is a good variation of mood and style in this album; some up-beat, energetic stuff and some more laid back moments. I like their mix of harmonies and ska/reggae beats. They are definitely more of a band to experience live, so in that sense I would say: please go and see them live, but if you can't, buy one of their albums. This one is completely worth listening to either on your own or/and playing loud at parties.
I give this an overall 8/10.
What's this?