on 22 September 2005
After shopping around for a GPS system for my car, I saw this on Amazon and couldn't believe the price! So I ordered and nervously awaited its arrival.

I received it last week and was really surprised. This is a quality bit of kit! The main units feels solid and well built, and it comes with a host of accessories:
- Windscreen suction mount
- In car charger
- 240v charger
- carry case (with screen cleaning cloth)
- USB cable
- And external antenna (the TomTom one sells separately on Amazon for £49.99!!)

The first time I plugged it in it took around 10 mins to find a GPS signal, (but speaking to some friends apparently this happens with most GPS the first time you use it). I got off to a good start: on my first morning to work along the south circular in London it took me an alternative route via Richmond park and saved me around 10 mins of sitting in traffic!! The mapping is clear and very accurate (although you cannot zoom out while driving, which is a bit frustrating), voice instructions are good, postcode searches are superb, and its has some fantastic features. At any one time driving you are only a couple of clicks away from finding the nearest petrol station, train station, sports venue, hotel, restaurant, etc. It will also guide you to your nearest casino....should you have the urge!

It also has an AA guide which will gives locations and reviews on hotels, restaurants, camp sites etc. If you do a lot of travelling this is a great feature, and means you'll never have to eat at a bad restaurant again!

All in all I am thrilled with this purchase. After taking a chance, I think I have found one of the best genuine bargains on the internet. It may not have a the brand or price tag, but this is a quality GPS! Definitely recommended......buy it now!
0Comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?