on 5 May 2004
I caught Tull live on this tour and was gobsmacked - I could not believe how impressive they were and still, to this day, I remember it as one of the best gigs I've ever witnessed. The matching live album, unsuprisingly, has always been a popular souvenir with me and my original vinyl copy was almost worn through over the years.
To be honest I'm a little disappointed with this remastered edition in that it doesn't really add anything to my older CD copy. The sound is louder and a little brighter (the original being just a tad woolly) but you don't really get to hear anything you couldn't hear before on a half decent system - a cosmetic tweak rather than an enhancement. I'd also been told that various missing tracks had been reinstated, but as the itinerary is exactly the same as my older CD & vinyl copies I can only assume there's been a certain amount of confusion with the cut-down, single CD edition released in the US?
All-in-all I regard this as an absolute must if you've not already got a copy, but one to approach with caution if you're the proud owner of an existing release that isn't emasculated in any way. Unless, like me, you've got to have one of everything Tull...
0Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?