Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 June 2011
I bought this because it has a 3 litre capacity and was labelled as a professional machine and so I thought it would be a good replacement for my now very tired Kenwood deep fat frier. How wrong I was! It is made of light tin, a fair amount of plastic, and it feels and looks cheap and tacky. And that's just the impression out of the box....it gets worse.

When you unpack it there are some immediate things you notice. The design means the lid needs to be off when cooking, okay but not that safe. And whilst cooking you cannot fold the handle down, as a result you can easily knock the frier when full of boiling hot fat. And when cooking chips you give them another heat after the first few minutes, but doing so sends the oil over and above the low back part of the frier. So unsafe is this design and of such poor quality that I immediately saved the new oil that I had placed into it, took the unit apart, cleaned it and put the new oil back into my old but now seen in a new light Kenwood deep fat frier.

Putting it mildly, this is a ghastly cheap tatty no frills as far from professional a deep fat frier that it would be possible to get. But this is just my humble opinion, and what do I know, I just do all the cooking in my house and have done so for the last 23 years, and yes I am a bloke!
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?