on 26 October 2012
Its that time of year again, for many of us we were expecting Bad Company 3 but we have received a gift from Danger Close instead.

I have read many reviews with many concluding on how this new Medal of Honour is more Call of Duty than Medal of Honour but in my opinion MOHW is its own game it's a fun, shooting, blasting, rollercoaster of a ride game and it does this very well. Sadly it doesn't seem to have much of a following and has been written of by many reviewers.

Medal of Honour is exactly what it says on the tin, its no Arma. It is a action first person shooter, when we watch Commando, Rambo, Casino Royale, Homeland, Executive Decision or any Steven Seagal movie we don't say that they copy each other, they are simply action films and Medal of Honour is simply a great first person shooter and that is it's DNA. It is one of the forerunner fps franchises and for me, I am glad that they have continued the franchises step into the 21st century.

The game mechanics are brilliant, it feels very realistic where Battlefield is more hands on MMOFPS run and gun. Medal of Honour's character models feel much more heavy. The controls are still quite similar to Battlefield but feel somewhat refined. The cover system could do with some work but aside from that the shooting mechanics are great. The single player is quite reminiscent of Sky & Cinemax's Strike Back and it has some of the most thrilling first Person driving sections that I have seen in a game to date. Medal of Honour has learnt from Battlefield 3 and I believe that it has more in common with Battlefield than COD. Medal of Honours younger brother Battlefield 3 is for me the defining shooter of this generation.

Online Medal of Honour feels very fast paced and this change I suspect was a deliberate one. The games are a lot quicker and can take some getting used too if you're a Battlefield gamer like I am but this more arcade feel is a breath of fresh air. It has a good selection of maps and for me the servers have been stable. Yes, MOHW uses Origin but I have had 0 problems with the service since I installed the game.

Onto the graphics, Medal of Honours graphics are very close too if not some of the best in class bar Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2, Medal of Honour is brilliant. I am using a standard GTX 580 and have the game running on ULTRA and have experienced zero lag frame rate drops or slowdown. I hope that Danger Close will release some brighter maps which really show the beauty of the frostbite engine as some of the maps can be quite dark.

Danger Close have done a brilliant job, unfortunately Medal of Honours success and fate has been determined more so by the time of year that it has been released in than the quality of the game and as there is no Battlefield this year it would seem that its fate had been decided. If Medal of Honour didn't come out at the same time as Dishonoured, Halo 4, Call of Duty BO2 it would have scored better with mainstream reviewers. I doubt we will see another Medal of Honour game until 2014 or thereafter as it will be Battlefield vs COD next year and I suspect that this will be a next generation Battlefield which will run perfectly on the GTX 680 or unannounced 700 Maxwell series.

Give MOHW a chance, if you like action and enjoy shooters rent it or buy it.

Score - 8/10

- Dark Dank Maps
- Small Selection of Multiplayer Maps
- 720p Downscaling on driving levels
- Ported Cutscenes
- No exploding skulls with headshots
- Questionable cover system

I have noticed that there are a lot of trolls reviewing products on Amazon.co.uk and I hope to produce than objective unbiased reviews for gamers and tech enthusiasts. ObjectiveReviewerRT11
33 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?