VINE VOICEon 13 April 2013
I bought this book because the inside preview showed it was written in the first person, which is my favourite style, and seemed to have an unusual storyline which sounded promising.

Big mistake. The storyline is unusual but I found it very boring. The "heroine" is a totally unlikeable drunk, who has a great lover but humiliates herself pining over the last one who turns up in the story as a changed character from the one she knew .. who apparently was great fun but is now an uptight pain. (My words not the heroine's!)

The story itself never managed to engage me, and I was put off by various unneccessary vulgarities .. no, I'm not prudish, I just don't see why e.g., telling another character that you want to get rid of that you have to "take a dump" should be considered attractive.

Buy it if you like the sound of the other reviews, I'm obviously in a minority disliking it so much, but if at the end you share my opinion, don't say you weren't warned!
What's this?