on 18 February 2013
Just received this cooker and wow, it's really heavy duty. Its size makes it perfect for larger meals and big joints. I like the clean unfussy, traditional design and appreciate the lack of fancy bits and bob that always break on more 'modern' pressure cookers. Comes without a trivet or food basket, but at this price I can use the ones I have from my last model!

I would like an idea of where I can purchase spares, such as handles and gaskets if or when they break down. The Lacor website is a bit thin on these details. Overall this is a very nice pressure cooker and I'm glad I went for a semi-professional model this time.

*** UPDATE ***

The original pressure cooker had a small imperfection in the metal at the bottom of inside of the cooker, which was not apparent until the cooker had been used a few times. Thus, it had to be returned. I now have a replacement and was even called personally by the UK representative which was an extremely nice touch! I've been using it heavily for a few days now and it feels very robust and well made. I was going to buy a replacement silicon gasket so I had one ready but this type of cooker uses a much more robust type of gasket material and a better design and having spoken to the Lacor guy, he advised me that the seals last many many years before replacement is necessary, unlike the more domestic style pressure cookers, so I did not bother. This is a real 'Rolls Royce' of a pressure cooker that I plan to use for many years to come. I can thoroughly recommend it.

***Update 2 ***

My wife and I have now been using our new Lacor 71871 for a couple of months now and it is proving to be a very good purchase. It is more the sort of pressure cooker to be found in a restaurant being worked hard, day after day and is extremely robustly built as compared to other domestic style models. It is easy and to use and benefits from having no stupid gimmicky 'extras'. You fill it with whatever you want to cook, add sufficient water, tighten the lid down and cook. That's it. There are no small plastic items to become brittle and break under the heat as was the case with my previous pressure cooker and the seal is expected to last many years. This contrasts with the smaller style models made by other manufacturers where the gaskets need replacing every 18 months or so and which use small plastic components that shatter and degrade quite quickly. The large capacity is also very welcome and has allowed us to prepare larger meals easily. Great pressure cooker at a great price.

*** Update 3 ***

6 Months in and the Lacor is worth its weight in gold. Used every day for all manner of cooking tasks with excellent results. Thank you Lacor :-)
66 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details